Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Have You Ever Suffered From Gymalleritis?

So I made it to the gym two days in a row. Big pat on my back, thank you very much. Since there are only two days left before my next weigh-in I have to make sure I am doing all possible to see a lower number on the scale. Although, I have to tell you that the strangest thing happened to me just before going to the gym . You know that sleepy crash feeling you get after you eat candy or a bunch of carbs and then you feel like you are so heavy and you barely can keep your eyes open? It’s like you can feel the blood sugar just drop off the charts and you would give anything for just a little nap? You fight to keep your eyes open and your head from bobbing forward. Your limbs are heavy and they are difficult to move. Well I think I have some type of condition in which this happens to me. It takes over at the mere thought of exercise. The closer to the exercise time, the more tired I become. Today I swear I was damn near comatose just minutes before heading out to the gym. It is awful this condition. I think it’s like an allergic reaction to fitness. It should be called something like; gymalleritis, because it is real and it happens to me, a lot…… Some days it takes over so much that I must lie down and rest instead of going to the gym.

Thank goodness there is an antidote which immediately reverses all symptoms and increases energy level……. Yep, it’s called exercise. I strongly encourage you to give it a try. It is amazing. It is invigorating and it is uplifting. It will instantly give you a whole new attitude. It’s only thinking about doing exercise that I do not like, because once I get going, I love it.

My Sister got me started on aqua aerobics. Let me tell you, it is a blast and a fantastic workout. I really don’t understand why the class is not in more of a demand. It is not for the old gals with the fancy swim caps. It is a real cardio workout. The Ab workouts yesterday were killer and I sure am feeling them today. Today I did another great cardio workout that I learned from one of the fitness TV shows. It is a pseudo indoor triathlon workout. You can mix it up with many variations. You can find several versions on the Internet or make your own up to meet your fitness needs. I often do; Exercise bike = burn 150 calories as fast as possible (trust me not as easy as it sounds), immediately get on the rowing machine and row for 2500 meters, next onto the treadmill for two miles. Another version is to do; bike 20 minutes – rowing 10 minutes – treadmill 20 minutes. You can then be in and out of the gym in an hour and get a fantastic workout. Google: indoor triathlon training for these type of workouts.

I thought it may be nice if I share some of my other sources for inspiration and motivation.

Another great source for information on fitness and nutrition with delicious recipes is the Realage by Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen. I encourage you to check it out. There is the great article about how to undo a “Pig-Out Weekend” and since the 4th of July is this weekend I thought you might find it interesting. http://realage.typepad.com/food_bites/2007/07/pig-out-weekend.html

If you get the Discovery Health channel, they have two shows I never miss:
I Lost It and X-Weighted. Both are fabulous shows and here is the link to their website: http://health.discovery.com/


So there’s a little information for your back pocket. For me, I am keeping the focus going forward. You are welcome to jump on the bandwagon. We are taking a trip down a new lifestyle road.


NOTE TO SELF: Acknowledge your efforts. Today you took the best path possible towards your goal. Be proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment