Friday, September 18, 2009

Time to start something new?

Well, I figured I’d invoke a bit of spontaneity and drop in a little blurb unexpectedly. Seems like someone should pick up the slack **nudge nudge**

It’s been quite a summer, travelling lots, not far mind you, but cumbersome with all the packing, practically every second weekend. I must say, despite it being so hectic, with the working, packing, bussing, visiting, reveling, bussing, unpacking, working and doing it all over again, it’s been one of my most enjoyable summers in a very long time – probably since I lived in the country. And you’d think with all the travelling and get up and go I had, that I might have shed a pound or two perhaps. Well, folks, sorry to say, but after my little shopping spree last evening, and going home with absolutely nothing to don on myself, methinks it’s high time to start a little program of my own. Apparently those free little advice tips you find online every once and a while telling you just how many calories are in a beer, may just hold a bit of weight (pardon the punny).

I’ve never been really that big, I guess size 12 – oh I know, for my height I really should be about 25 pounds lighter, but really, I do carry it well. At least my friends don’t tell me I’m obese. But after last night, obese is exactly how I felt. Not only was I not asked at the clothing store if I might need some help, but I ended up walking out of there feeling like I just walked in and out of a store designed for pygmies. My goal was a fall jacket. Medium is what I used to take, so okay, maybe large. But when the XL wouldn’t even button around my waist I got so frustrated I ended up walking out of the stores literally with tears in my eyes. How did this happen? Was I really awake or was it just another nightmare? And to think – I was just about ready to start dating again dammit!

Well, I’m on another road trip this weekend, and I promise it will be my final hurrah. A new season is just around the corner, and with new seasons come fresh attitudes. A little bit of moderation & calorie counting, here I come, and just maybe I’ll fit into that XL before fall is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment